wired for sound

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Copyright Law

I'm finding my fascination with music concrete and dissonance an all encompassing pursuit. I was reading some Zen the other day, followed by some Cage. It has definitely opened my ears to the possibilities of new textures to explore. I like the idea that all sounds are beautiful if we only bother to explore them to their core. I know I've posted previously about my distaste of music concrete, but I feel there is a new understanding and determination to use this genre more in my works.




Audio Arts

I think I posted once how I didn't think I was into recording other bands. But I got to do it the other day and really enjoyed it. It was tiring, but satisfying. There is so much to learn, especially about mic placement and choice. I guess it is essentially up to the engineer. I like that there are no rules, more just guidelines.

I'm organising to be involved in a few different types of recordings and doing the sound at live shows. All of which I'm looking forward to.

I'm still having difficulty uploading files to filelodge. I 've got some tracks I want to share but can't seem to get them to work.

hearseride




Creative Computing

Thanks to Steven Whittington, I now am aware that it is NOT 'Creative Communication'. I'm a bit of neohyte on Protools, but so far I don't really rate it. There are things I like about it and things I don't. I want to explore it more. I am enjoying the music concrete project.

Workshop

Unfortunately, I was held up at work and missed the workshop.

Forum

The talk today on copyright law was very interesting. I can't really say I understand it any better, however it certainly is a field that we should be aware of. I don't need $300K fine for making music. Definitely rather see that lob in the IN tray.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 pm, Blogger weimer said...

ahhh so your not too flash with html ey?

well if you've visited the weimerhead blog recently, you will have scene ive brushed up with it a little. so if you ever want a hand with customising your page- im your man.

rabbit's eat lettuce.

 
At 11:17 pm, Blogger unknown said...

Nice wave. Teahupoo? Any relevance to music tech? No, check this out http://www.mtm.ufsc.br/~krukoski/imagens/surf/LB_Teahupoo.jpg
LB doin' his thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home